IMSE Phonological Awareness and Beginning Orton-Gillingham Training (12 Hours)
An essential session that focuses on phonological awareness, the most important reading readiness skill for young children as well as the beginning strategies for IMSE’s Orton-Gillingham approach. After participating in this multi-sensory training, teachers will be able to implement phonemic awareness activities and basic practices of beginning reading. This training is available for on-site staff development. This course is applicable for all three tiers of RTI.
This course is appropriate for:
Pre-K- K General Education
Special Education and other programs (whose students need very basic literacy skills including phonological awareness)
Teachers will learn:
- Current research and the importance of phonological awareness
- Format, goal and rationale of sequential activities
- Phonological stage activities for phonemic awareness
- The basics of IMSE’s enhanced approach to Orton-Gillingham instruction
- Guidelines for lessons in reading readiness
- Student assessment
- IMSE Phonological Awareness Manual
- Phonological Awareness: Assessment Tools & Strategies by Zgonc
- IMSE Capital Alphabet Card Pack
- IMSE Phonological Awareness Card Pack
On-line registration options include:
Pay by credit card will confirm your registration.
Pay by check/purchase order options are available, and will hold your seat to allow time for processing. Registrations are not confirmed until the payment or purchase order is received.
If you cancel prior to the start date of your training, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel 14 days or less prior to the start date of your training, you will be charged a $100 fee.
There is no fee for transferring your registration to another training if you transfer before 14 days prior to a training. If you transfer your training 14 days or less prior to the start date of your training, you will be charged a $100 fee.
The Institute for Multi-Sensory Education reserves the right to cancel. If IMSE must cancel, 100% of the training fee will be refunded.
For more information on this course, please contact us:
Institute for Multi-Sensory Education
24800 Denso Drive
Southfield, MI 48033