After completing one of IMSE’s courses, participants have the option of receiving one-on-one support from an IMSE Instructor. Our coaching sessions are designed to meet the individual needs of the participant as they work to implement IMSE Orton-Gillingham strategies with fidelity.
How IMSE Live Virtual Coaching Sessions Work:
In IMSE’s live virtual coaching session, participants will be paired with an IMSE instructor who can provide guidance, tips, and strategies to best implement IMSE’s Orton-Gillingham with their students. Participants will choose the strategies they would like to focus on during the coaching process. Each coaching session will focus on one strategy.
Strategies that may be addressed in coaching sessions include:
- Three-Part Drill
- The Multi-Sensory Experience
- Red Words
- Fluency, Vocabulary, Comprehension
- Phonological Awareness
Participants will also select the type of support that will best meet their needs. Once the session is purchased, the IMSE coaching coordinator will contact the participant and ask about the participant’s goals and the type of support they prefer. This will help the coordinator match the participant with an IMSE coach.
Our goal is to work with the participant to design a coaching session that will best meet their individual needs.
Coaches may provide up to one hour of support per session which may include any of the following:
- Video conferences: Coaches answer questions and model strategies
- Video feedback: Participants submit a video of themselves working with a student and the coach provides written feedback (videos must be under 30 minutes). The feedback will include suggestions and resources.
- Phone calls: Participants may schedule a time to ask questions or discuss feedback.
- Red Words
- Videos related to the strategy: these may be provided in addition to the one hour of coaching