IMSE Impact Morphology Plus Training
The IMSE Impact Morphology Plus 30-hour course is a hands-on, interactive, and personalized class that provides a complete understanding of morphology, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension and how to apply it in the classroom.
After participating in this accredited Structured Literacy course, teachers will have an understanding of the structure and foundation of the English language. Educators will have an understanding of where to begin instruction with students with dyslexia as well as students in all three tiers of RTI.
This Course Is For
General and special education teachers grades 3-5 as well as teachers whose students can read and spell but continue to struggle with language comprehension. This course can also be taken by any educator who wants to learn more about instruction in morphology, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. This course will include an asynchronous piece on writing and grammar.
- Gain knowledge about the Science of Reading and the History of the English language
- Gain knowledge about students with reading difficulties including dyslexia
- Understand how EL students can cognate to help learn English
- Administer various types of assessments
- Implement and create structured literacy lessons on morphology, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- Morphology Plus Training Manual by IMSE
- Morphology Teacher’s Guides (3) by IMSE
- Morphology Plus Student Passages (3 PDFs) by IMSE
- The Comprehension Blueprint by Nancy Hennessey
- Vocabulary Handbook by Linda Diamond and Linda Gutlohn
- IMSE Morpheme Card Pack
- Morphology Plus Practice Packet
- Procedural Routine Flip Chart
- IMSE’s Writing and Grammar Manual, practice packet, and webinar
- Morphology + Encoding and Decoding Plus Digital Course
- Teacher Guide Spelling 3rd Grade Plus
**For virtual training, one person per camera, per room for this training in order to ensure the fidelity of the training and full participation.
The Morphology Plus course along with the other IMSE Impact Courses, and the IMSE
Practicum will help teachers prepare to take the Center for Effective Reading Instruction
(CERI) Knowledge and Practice Examination for Effective Reading Instruction (KPEERI) to
obtain a Structured Literacy (SLCT) Classroom Teacher Certificate. CERI is a subsidiary of
the International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
Please note that materials and shipping are included in the cost of the course.
Register For Morphology Plus Learn More About Other IMSE Impact Trainings
Participants Will Evaluate and Teach Students
Morphology | The study of the forms of words
Fluency | the ability to read with speed, accuracy, and proper expression
Vocabulary | size and word-meaning strategies predict comprehension
Writing | the activity of marking coherent words on paper and composing text
Grammar | the system and structure of a language
Comprehension | understanding the meaning of text and integrating it with previous knowledge
This course includes an additional asynchronous component for writing and grammar.
The Morphology Plus course is appropriate for students who have word recognition and
spelling skills but struggle with comprehension. Upon completion of this course, teachers
are eligible to purchase 2 graduate credits.
You’ve Completed Your IMSE Training, What’s Next?
Educators can choose to pursue their Fidelity Certificate, participate in the IMSE
Impact Orton-Gillingham Practicum, or go through IMSE’s Train the Trainer. Learn
more about what all of these options have to offer you!
From customizable Google Slides to classroom posters, we offer a variety of products to
help you implement what you’ve learned in your classroom.
What Educators Are Saying About IMSE Training
Hear from teachers, reading specialists, school leaders, and district administrators
just like you about how IMSE training has benefited them and their students.
Get Started Today
Explore our training schedule to find the the course option that works best for you.
Register For Morphology Plus