IMSE Asynchronous Phonological Awareness CourseSKU: V-PA Resource
IMSE's Phonological Awareness Training (Asynchronous)
The IMSE Phonological Awareness Asynchronous Course is a hands-on, interactive, and personalized class delivered digtially to your IMSE.com profile that provides educators with a deeper understanding of phonological awareness and its importance in learning to read. After participating in this training, teachers will understand how to assess and teach phonological awareness to students in all three tiers of RTI. In addition, teachers will evaluate students in alphabet awareness, including letter recognition and sound recognition. Please note that while the training itself is delivered digitally, physical materials will be delivered to you so you can complete the course.
In order to receive a certificate for this course, participants must take and pass a quiz accessible through your imse.com account via the 'My Trainings' tab. You will receive two opportunities to take the quiz. If after two attempts you fail, please contact IMSE for next steps.
Participants who receive a passing score on their final assessment are eligible to purchase 1 hour of graduate credit through Ashland University.
This course is appropriate for:
- All teachers who want a deeper understanding of phonological awareness, the importance of orthographic mapping, and phonemic awareness.
Teachers will learn:
- Current research and the importance of phonological awareness
- Terminologies such as orthographic mapping, orthographic lexicon, and phonemic awareness
- Correct production of the 44 sounds of the English language
- How to assess students in phonemic awareness
- How to incorporate multi-sensory strategies in activities
- How to implement one-minute phonemic awareness activities
Materials Provided and shipped:
- 9+ hours of video course content
- IMSE Phonological Awareness Manual and practice packet
- Equipped for Reading Success by Dr. David Kilpatrick
- Sounds of the English language online video
Materials you will need:
- Computer with a camera and sound (an iPhone/iPad or similar devices are not recommended)
- 3-4 highlighters
- Sticky notes